for the usage of the content of www.edgewonk.com
Art. 1 Name and contact details of the data processing controller and the company’s data protection officer
- Quantum Trade Solutions GmbH, Jahnstraße 43, 63075 Offenbach am Main, Germany, registered with the commercial register of the Local Court (Amtsgericht) in Offenbach am Main under number HRB 48296, represented by the managing directors Rolf Schlotmann and Moritz Czubatinski, each having the sole right of representation, VAT-ID No. DE299024904 (in the following: “the Company“, “we” or “us“) is responsible for all personal data, which is collected and processed for the usage of the content of www.edgewonk.com.
- The data protection officer of the Company is:
[Rolf Schlotmann, address as above, E-Mail: email@example.com]
Art. 2 Scope of Processing personal data
- To enable the utilisation of the platform contents of www.Edgewonk.com, we collect, process and use personal data of the users (in the following: “you” or “your“) in accordance with the following provisions.
- We collect, process and use your personal data only with your consent or if a statutory provision is permitting this. We will only collect, process and use such personal data, which are required for the performance and utilisation of our services and which you are providing to us on a voluntary basis.
- Personal data are all data, which contain information on the personal or factual situation of an identified or identifiable person. This includes for example the name, the e-mail address, the home address, the gender, the date of birth, the telephone number or the age.
- Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can, however, configure your browser in such a way that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. Please be aware that, if you completely deactivate cookies, as a result you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
Art. 3 Legal basis
- Insofar as we collect the consent of the data subject for processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 clause 1 lit. a of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
- When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party to, Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations which are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
- Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
Art. 4 Processed personal Data
- Visit of our website/ processing of server log files
Whenever our website is accessed, our system collects automated data and information from the computer system of the calling computer and stores this information temporarily and anonymously in so-called server log files. These include: Browser type/version, operating system used, page called up, the previously visited page (referrer URL), IP address, date and time of the server request and HTTP status code.
This data is not stored together with other personal data.
The legal basis for the storage of this data is Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. f. GDPR. The processing of the server log files serves statistical purposes and the improvement of the quality of our website, especially the stability and security of the connection and at the same time represents our legitimate interest.
- Registration, purchase and use of the products and services offered by us
We collect and store all information that you provide us voluntarily in connection with the purchase and use of our products and services.
The legal basis for the processing of the data required for the performance of our contracts is Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. b. or f GDPR. We process this information exclusively in order to receive and process your orders, to create and manage your customer account as a personal profile, to provide functions offered by us and to answer your questions.
- When registering for the newsletter
If you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your e-mail address to regularly send you our newsletter. For the receipt of the newsletter the indication of an e-mail address is sufficient.
We use the so-called double opt-in procedure for sending the newsletter. This means that we will send you a confirmation e-mail asking you to confirm by clicking on a link that you wish to receive our newsletter in the future.
Unsubscribing from the newsletter is possible at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter. Alternatively, you can also send your unsubscribe request at any time via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When contacting us by e-mail or using the contact form
For questions of any kind we invite you to contact us via a form provided on the website or send us an e-mail. If you use the contact form, you will need to provide us with a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request came from and to answer it. Further information can be provided voluntarily. These data are stored and used solely for the purpose of answering your request and the associated technical administration.
The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. b or f GDPR. The aforementioned purpose for data processing also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest according to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit f. GDPR. After completion of the request made by you the personal data collected in this context will be automatically deleted.
Art. 5 Disclosure of data
- you have issued your express consent for us to do so in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. a. GDPR;
- disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. f. GDPR is necessary for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data;
- there is a legal obligation governing the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. c. GDPR; and
- such is permitted by law and is necessary, pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. b. GDPR, for the purpose of processing contractual relationships with you.
- Third parties according to the aforementioned paragraph 1 may also be located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), i.e. in third countries. Any such processing shall be carried out exclusively for the purpose of fulfilling the contractual obligations and for maintaining your business relations with you. We will inform you about the respective details of the transfer in the following at the relevant points.
- The European Commission certifies some third countries by so-called adequacy decisions a data protection comparable to the EEA standard. Where this is not the case, we ensure that data protection is adequately guaranteed. This is possible through binding company regulations, standard contractual clauses of the European Commission for the protection of personal data, certificates or recognized codes of conduct.
Art. 6 Automatic data collection with cookies and analytical software
- A cookie is a text file, which is stored in the cache memory of your browser and which enables an analysis of your utilisation of our website. This way, it is for example possible to show you information especially tailored to your interests. Your data will neither be published by us nor passed on to third parties.
- In addition, we use temporary cookies that are stored on your device for a specified period of time to improve the usability of our website. In case you visit our website again it will automatically recognize that you have already been with us and what inputs and settings you have made in order not to have to re-enter them.
Art. 7 Google Analytics
You can prevent the collection by Google as well as the processing of the data by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Art. 8 Facebook Pixel
Due to our interests in the analysis, optimization and economic enterprise of our offer we use „Facebook Pixel“ provided by Facebook Inc., Menlo Park, Kalifornien, USA or if used in the EU Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland („Facebook“). With the help of Facebook it is possible for Facebook to designate the visitors of our offer as a target group for the presentation of advertisements. Accordingly, we use Facebook in order to send our advertisements to those Facebook users who have a potential interest in them. Facebook is certified to the US Data Protection Convention „Privacy Shield“, which ensures compliance with the level of data protection in the EU. You can prevent the collection of your data by the appropriate setting of your browser or if you inform us that you wish to revoke your consent.
Art. 9 Zendesk
To enable the support ticket system on our website we use a plug-in from Zendesk, Inc., 1019 Market St., San Francisco, USA („Zendesk“), which collects and stores pseudonymous data for the purpose of responding to support requests. By this pseudonymized data usage profiles can be created under a pseudonym. Cookies might be used. Without the individual consent of the person concerned the data collected with this technology will not be used to personally identify the visitor to this website. In order to avoid the storage of Zendesk cookies, you can, as shown above, change your browser settings. However, this may limit the usability of this website. Zendesk is certified to the US Data Protection Convention „Privacy Shield“ which ensures compliance with the level of data protection in the EU. Under the following link you can change the respective settings: https://help.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000595328-Complying-with-GDPR-in-Zendesk-Support#topic_p3p_zhk_gs. Or if you wish to revoke your consent you can inform us at any time.
Art 11 Mailchimp
To run our newsletter service we use the MailChimp service of The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp, 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE, Suite 5000, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA (http://www.mailchimp.com/) („MailChimp“). For this purpose, we will forward your data provided to MailChimp when you sign up for the newsletter. This transfer serves our interest in using an efficient, secure and user-friendly newsletter system. MailChimp typically transmits the data collected to a MailChimp server in the US where it is stored.
MailChimp uses this information for sending the newsletter and for the statistical evaluation of the newsletter on our behalf. For the evaluation, the e-mails sent include so-called web beacons or tracking pixels which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. This way it is possible to determine if a newsletter message has been opened and which links have been clicked on. In addition, technical information is collected (e.g. time of retrieval, IP address, browser type, operating system). The data will be collected exclusively pseudonymized and will not be linked to your other personal data, a direct personal reference is excluded. This data is for statistical analysis of newsletter campaigns only. The results of these analyzes can be used to better tailor future newsletters to the interests of the recipient.
By unsubscribing from the newsletter you can object this use.
MailChimp does not use the data of our newsletter recipients to contact them or to pass them on to third parties.
To protect your information in the US we have entered into a data processing agreement with MailChimp based on the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission to allow the transfer of your personal data to MailChimp. For more information please visit https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/.
Art. 12 CloudFlare
For the storage of our website we use the services of CloudFlare Inc, 101 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA („CloudFlare“). All data transmitted to or from this website passes through the worldwide network of CloudFlare. The data is cached, access is logged. In general the nearest data center is being used. CloudFLare also operates data centers outside the European Union. According to CloudFlare the cached data is regularly deleted within four hours, but at the latest after three days. For more information see https://www.cloudflare.com/security-policy/.
To protect your privacy we have entered into a Data Processing Agreement with CloudFlare based on the standard contractual clauses of the European Commission to facilitate the transfer of your personal information to CloudFlare.
Art. 13 Refersion
We use the service of Refersion Inc. (Refersion Inc., 242 West 48rd St., 10th Floor, New York, New York USA) to run Affiliate Marketing. Refersion is an affiliate marketing tool that allows affiliates to recommend our service and receive a commission on successful sales. Cookies are used for this purpose. Refersion records the first name, last name and e-mail address of customers. Cookies are also used to track IP addresses in order to track payments to the correct affiliate. The information generated by cookies is transferred to a Refersion server and stored there.
The data transfer to Refersion is based on a Data Processing Agreement based on the standard contractual clauses for processors of the European Commission.
You can prevent the setting of these cookies by the appropriate settings in your browser. Or you can inform us at any time if you wish to revoke your consent.
Art. 14 Payments
- If you choose the payment service provider Paypal, we will transfer your payment data to Paypal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A, 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg („Paypal“). The disclosure is made in accordance with Art. 6 para. Cl. 1 lit. b GDPR and only insofar as this is necessary for the payment process. Paypal reserves the right to check the creditworthiness of the payment transaction. For this, your payment details may be passed to credit bureaus according to Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. f GDPR based on the legitimate interest of Paypal in the determination of your solvency. The credit report may contain probability values. Insofar as these probability values are included in the result of the credit rating, they are based on a scientifically recognized mathematical-statistical procedure. Address data may be included in this calculation. For more information visit https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full.
- For billing purposes we use Chargebee, a service provided by Chargebee Inc. (Chargebee Inc., 44 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA, 94104, USA, “Chargebee “). Among other things, Chargebee automates subscription payments and invoices. Insofar as this is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract, the data will also be passed on to our payment service providers or the credit institution commissioned with the payment processing. The scope of the data is limited to the minimum necessary for the execution of the contract. We process this data to process your order or to answer your enquiry. The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. b GDPR.
The transfer of data to Chargebee is based on a data processing agreement concluded using the standard contractual clauses for processors of the European Commission.
Art. 15 Your rights – contact details
- You have the right to
- demand information about your personal data processed by us pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may provide information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom your data has been or are supposed to be disclosed, the planned storage period, the right of rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data, if not collected from us and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful details about their details;
- demand pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- demand pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR the deletion of your personal data held by us, unless the processing for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for the fulfillment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest of for assertion, exercise or defense of legal rights is required;
- demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 GDPR, as far as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and when we no longer need the data, but you require it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- the notification in accordance with Art. 19 GDPR, to notify you of the alleged rectification or deletion of data or restrictions on processing to all recipients to whom the personal data relating to you have been disclosed;
- receive in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another person in charge;
- revoke your once given consent to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR. In the event of withdrawal, we will delete the data concerned immediately, as far as further processing can not be based on a legal basis for consentless processing. The revocation of a given consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing effected on basis of the consent until the revocation has been received;
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace, the place of our regsitered office or the location of the alleged infringement.
- If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Art. 16 Right of objection
- If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 cl. 1 lit. f. GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR, provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct mail.
- If you exercise your right of objection, we will stop the processing of the data concerned. Further processing is reserved if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate reasons for processing that outweigh your interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms, or if the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. In the case of direct advertising, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without stating a particular situation.
- If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Art. 17 Security – deletion of information
- We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within this website in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support this encryption we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted encrypted you can see by the closed representation of the key or lock icon in the bottoms tatus bar of your browser. In addition, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are being improved according to technological development.
- If no explicit storage period is specified above, your personal data will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose or legal basis no longer applies.
- However, storage can be made beyond the specified time in the event of a (threatening) legal dispute with you or other legal proceedings or if storage is provided for by legal regulations (e.g. commercial and tax retention periods) to which we are subject as the responsible party. If the storage period prescribed by the legal regulations expires, the personal data will be blocked or deleted, unless further storage by us is necessary and there is a legal basis for this.