January 2017 Update: The First Step Towards Automation In Edgewonk [Updated]
We just released our newest January 2017 update and it’s the first big step towards full automation in Edgewonk. We also, of course, worked on other features and improvements. Here is what is new:
- You can import Metatrader 4, NinjaTrader 7 and Ninjatrader 8 statements now. Please read the documentation here carefully.
- We will add new platforms one by one over the next few months and if you want see a specific platform integrated, feel free to reach out to us and assist us to speed up the process.
- You can “flag” and mark trades if you want to review them later
- Speed up the chartbook and improve performance
- We added the statistic Profit Factor to the Trade Analytics and the Home Tab
- All filters now work in the Alternative Strategies tab
- Various small bug fixes and improvements
What we are working on right now:
- Enable multiple filter selections within the same filter
- Adding more platforms to the import
- Offering a generic excel importer
- Adding new statistics and make the current ones more robust
- Adding filters for date range periods
- ‘Missed trades’ feature
We are always working on Edgewonk and trying to find ways to improve your journaling experience. If you have any suggestions or don’t like the way something is right now, please send us a message and we can talk about it. If you are curious now, you can download the Edgework trial and test it for free.
And with that, we are wishing everyone a great year 2017. We look forward to your feedback and hope you enjoy the new version.
Your Edgewonk Team
Update January 14: We noticed that not all statements are standardized and we fixed that with a new update.99% of all MetaTrader 4 (except for EA trades) and NinjaTrader 7 and 8 statements will now go through with the new importer.
Updating for existing Edgewonk users
If you are an existing Edgewonk user there are multiple ways, depending on which installer you used, to get the latest update:
- Start your Edgewonk desktop shortcut and if there is a new version available, Edgewonk will notify you
- Execute the Edgewonk-Updater.jar file directly and Edgewonk will download the latest update automatically.
Under Settings >> Edgewonk License, you will then see the version 2.0.15 after the successful update.