How to install your free trial step by step
Step 1 – Download your Edgewonk free trial
First, download your Edgewonk free trial. By default, most computers store downloaded files in the “Download” folder.
Step 2 – Install Edgewonk
The installation is very straightforward:
- If you have downloaded the Windows installer, just execute the downloaded exe file and follow the instructions. Please take a look at the video above if you have any questions or use the contact form below.
- If you have downloaded the Mac and Linux universal installer, create a new folder for the Edgewonk-Demo.jar file that you previously downloaded and then double-click on it.
Please simply install the JDK software from the link above and everything runs without problems.
Read about Java here
If the Java installation didn’t help, then here are the most 3 common problems and how to fix them:
1. The loading screen doesn’t go away
This has usually to do with an outdated Java version. Uninstall Java completely, then scroll back up to our Java links and reinstall it. Restart your computer and then double-click on the Edgewonk-Demo file.
2. Your computer can’t open Edgewonk
Some computers have a problem recognizing Java files. In that case, right-click on the Edgewonk-Demo, go to “Open With” and choose Java as your default app.
If that doesn’t help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with another fix.
3. There are no trades in your trial journal
If you don’t see any trades, just take a look at the filter at the top and set them to “All” and/or use the Clear Filter button. The trade data in the trial should then appear.
Step 3 – Explore the Edgewonk trial
You are good to go. The Edgewonk trial comes with 150 pre-entered trades and you can explore all features and functions.
Still questions? Send us an email and get personal help